Thursday, June 7, 2007

Thank You, Lord

practised for the wedding of Wendy and Steve.
the hymn is so touching...

Thank You, Lord
(Words and Music by DAN BURGESS)

Thank You, Lord for the trials that come my way,
In that way I can grow each day as I let You lead.
And thank you, Lord for the patience those trials bring,
In that process of growing I can learn to care.

Chorus:
But it goes against the way I am to put my human nature down,
and let the Spirit take control of all I do.
'Cause when those trials come, my human nature shouts the thing to do;
And God's soft prompting can be easily ignored.

I thank You Lord with each trial I feel inside,
That you're there to help lead and guide me away from wrong,
'Cause you promised, Lord, that with ev'ry testing
That Your way of escaping is easier to bear.

(Chorus)

I thank You Lord for the vict'ry that growing brings,
In surrender of ev'rything life is so worth while.
And I thank You Lord that when ev'rthing's put in place,
Out in front I can see Your face and it's there You belong.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

你好...從你的blog得知...你幫人唱thank you lord這歌...剛巧...我都正找尋這首歌在我的婚禮唱...不知道你有譜嗎...如果可以...可以scan給我嗎...?萬分謝謝....
this is my email: kwy419@yahoo.com.hk
yi

kel said...

try this?
http://music.godpeople.com/?SCRno=12

also, old song books may help.

Anonymous said...

哈囉~我是台灣的小雯,我也是基督徒,我剛好最近要教學生這首歌,不知道你是否有影音檔,或者有網頁可以聽到這首詩歌的,謝謝~~平安

我的mail:cute2002tw@yahoo.com.tw

kel said...

something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf99eIb2eDs